Dr. Ian MacAskill
Dr. Ian MacAskill was born in Halifax and grew up in the Hubley/Tantallon area where he attended elementary, junior high and graduated from Sir John A MacDonald High School. He went directly into Dalhousie University where he earned his bachelors of engineering and followed by a masters of applied science in metallurgical engineering, along with time spent working in R&D, Oil and Gas and manufacturing. It was during this time that he decided to change paths and pursue a career in dentistry.
He completed his Doctor of Dental Surgery from Dalhousie University in 2011. During this time he received awards for his academic achievements, technical skills, proficiency in patient care, as well as for ethics and leadership qualities. He started practicing at the Tantallon Dental Centre directly after graduation. He officially took over Dr Fred Gogan's practice in September 2012 and was very pleased to be able to practice dentistry in the same community that he was raised and currently resides.
Dr MacAskill enjoys all aspects of dentistry with a keen interest in dental implants and has completed continuing education in Canada and USA for various topics related to implant dentistry. He also holds a faculty position at the Dalhousie University School of Dentiry where he is currently a lecturer in the field of dental biomaterials.
Dr MacAskill along with his wife, daughter and son are very happy to live Upper Tantallon and continue to be members of the community for the years to come.
Organized dentistry involvement includes:
• Member of the Canadian Dental Association
• Member of the Nova Scotia Dental Association
• Member of the communications committee for the Nova Scotia Dental Association
• RV Tucker Study Club - (www.arvtsc.org)
• AIM4 Excellence dental implant study club
• Pankey Learning Group
• Gide Dental Implant Institue
• Volunteer dentist at the North End Community Health Clinic
• Instructor and lecturer, Faculty of Dentistry, Dalhousie University
• Spending time with family and friends
Dr MacAskill's hours are:
Monday 8:00- 5:00
Tuesday 8:00- 7:00
Wednesday 8:00- 5:00
Thursday 8:00- 5:00
Dr MacAskill can be reached by at (902) 826-2163 ext 1 or by email MacAskill@TantallonDental.ca